Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Discount Hobby Warehouse-San Diego


Discount Hobby Warehouse

Address: 7644 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111
Phone: (858) 560-9633






Until I walked into the store I had no idea how much I missed a true RC plane store. Some place that was unapologetically about planes, drones, cars, boats, anything RC.    They've been in business for 35 years and are well stocked.

Yes, we now live in a world where you can order just about anything you desire in RC online and find it from multiple sources.   Still, there is something about walking into an actual hobby store.    The store isn't laid out from a Plan-o-gram.   I was in a woman's clothing store recently.  It looked like they spend every night polishing every square inch of the store.  Discount Hobby Warehouse is the polar opposite of this. Not the cleanest store, it has it's own smell and merchandise is all over the place. Not disorganized, but cluttered.  But, when you walk in and see the things you're passionate about covering nearly every square inch of the store you end up being enthused and inspired.  Everything is screaming for you and you find yourself saying "They have this?  No way!"

The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. I had only a couple of small items to purchase, hardly worth getting excited about but they gave me full attention and hand-picked each item from the shelves.

The hobby store, a place you can drive to and pick up what you need is a dying thing.  Which is strange because over time more and more people find themselves owning at least one RC item.  You would think demand would grow?  Many people turn to online solutions for their RC addiction. It's nice being able to walk into a store and the people are the exact same flavor of crazy as you are.   Guys run into each other in the store and say hello "Yeah, I told my wife I was going to the hardware store as well."    It's like a bar without the alcohol.

The prices are very good, they actually beat the online prices for the items I purchased and the online stores still wanted to add on shipping.    Overall, I am excited to go back to Discount Hobby Warehouse and spend even more time.  This is a place I plan on spending a lot of money at in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The fun of buying used planes

  If you like to buy and sell used planes.  Occasionally you can find really good deals. I mean, mind blowing deals.  Most of the time you d...